Thursday, October 15, 2015

Observing Nature's Presence

           Sometimes we get so wrapped up thinking about the past or the future, that we overlook the present.  Mindfullness is the new buzzword for putting away your electronic devices and living in the moment.  Sounds like sage advice for good mental health, so I  took a stroll in my yard to focus on the moment and mindfully observe my present surroundings.  I soon realized I was not alone.

A monarch stopped by for a drink.

It would be hard to miss this colorful orb weaver.


A fence lizzard watched me watch him.

This box turtle spent the afternoon near my back door.


A  caterpillar caught my eye.  Upon closer inspection I saw the white  cocoons attached to his head...wasp parasites.

A steady stream of yellow jackets flew in and out of a hole in the ground.

I caught this fat spider in the act of weaving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment